Ing. Juraj Stein, PhD.
+421 2 3240-1047
George Juraj S t e i n received his leaving certificate in chemical technology in 1966 from the Higher technical school in Bratislava. He graduated in 1972 in electrical engineering (Honours) at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the Slovak Technical University in Bratislava. The Institute of Measurement and Measurement Technique of the Slovak Academy of Sciences granted the Ph. D. degree in Measurement Science in 1980. Since 1976 he has been with the Institute of Materials and Machine Mechanics of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava. He was involved in the European research project with the acronym “VIBSEAT”, co-ordinated by the ISVR, Southampton University, UK, funded by the EU 5th RTD framework programme. Currently he is Emeritius Research Worker with the the Institute of Materials and Machine Mechanics of the Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava.
His main interests are:
- Vibration control of structures by means of eddy current damping,
- Whole-body human influence of vibration,
- Seat suspension systems and human body modelling,
- Active vibration control of mechanical structures,
- Computerised measurement and analysis of vibrations.
He has a number of papers in domestic and international scientific journals and conference proceeding, as well as, a number of patents and book reviews. He was engaged in university teaching at the Department of Measurement of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology of the Slovak Technical University. He was member of the European Mechanics Society (EuroMech); member of the International Institute of Acoustics and Vibration (IIAV); member of the Slovak Acoustical Society and representative of Slovakia in the CEN TC 231/WG 9 “Seating”. He is fluent in English and in German.
Selected English references from reviewed journals
(1991 – 2018)
- Stein, G.J., Krafcik, A., Tobolka, P., Frollo, I. Oscillating Ferromagnetic Yoke in the Magnetic Field of a Permanent Magnet IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 54 (4) (2018), art. no. 8000911. IF 2017 - 1.467.
- Stein, G.J., Tobolka, P., Chmúrny, R. Ferromagnetic eddy current damper of beam transversal vibrations. JVC/Journal of Vibration and Control, 24 (5), (2018) pp. 892-903. IF 2017 - 2.197.
- Stein, G.J., Darula, R., Sorokin, S. Control of forced vibrations of mechanical structures by an electromagnetic controller with a permanent magnet. International Conference on Noise and Vibration Engineering, ISMA 2012, (2012), pp. 385-394.
- Stein, G.J. - Múčka, P. Study of simultaneous shock and vibration control by a fore-and-aft suspension system of a driver´s seat. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 41 (2011), pp.520-529. IF 2010 - 1.322.
- Stein, G.J., Darula, R., Sorokin, S. Control of transversal vibrations of a clamped-clamped beam by a permanent magnet and a shunt circuit. The 8th International Conference on Structural Dynamics, EURODYN 2011 (2011), pp. 1735-1741.
- Stein, G.J. - Chmúrny, R. - Rosík, V. Compact Vibration Measuring System for in-vehicle Applications. Measurement Science Review. 11(5) (2011), pp.154-159. IF 2010 - 0.400.
- Stein, G. J. - Múčka, P. - Gunston, T.P.: A study of locomotive driver´s seat vertical suspension system with adjustable damper. Vehicle System Dynamics, 47 (2009), pp.363–386. IF 2008 – 0.724.
- Stein, G. J. - Múčka, P. - Hinz, B. - Blüthner, R.: Measurement And modelling of the y-direction apparent mass of sitting human body-cushioned seat system. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 322 (2009), pp.454–474. IF2008 – 1.364.
- Stein, G. J. – Zahoranský, R. – Múčka, P.: On dry-friction modelling and simulation in kinematically excited oscillatory systems. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 311 (2008), pp. 74–96. IF 2007 – 1.024.
- Stein, G. J. – Múčka, P. – Gunston, T. P. – Badura, S.: Modelling and simulation of vertical driver’s seat suspension system under reality rail-track excitation. Intl. J. of Industrial Ergonomics, 38 (2008), pp 384-395. IF 2007 – 0.628.
- Stein, G. J. – Zahoranský, R. – Gunston, T. P. – Burström, L. – Meyer, L.: Modelling and simulation of a fore-and-aft driver’s seat suspension system with road excitation. Intl. J. of Industrial Ergonomics, 38 (2008), pp 396-409. IF 2007 0.628.
- Stein, G. J. –Chmúrny, R. – Rosík, V.: Measurement and Analysis of Low Frequency Vibration. Measurement Science Review, 7 (3) (2007), pp.47-50.
- Stein, G. J. – Múčka, P. – Chmúrny, R. – Hinz, B. – Blüthner, R.: Measurement and modelling of x-direction apparent mass of seated human body. J. of Biomechanics, 40 (2007), pp. 1493-1503. IF 2007 – 2.897.
- Stein, G. J. – Múčka, P. – Chmúrny, R.: Preliminary results on an x-direction apparent mass model of human body sitting in a cushioned suspended seat. J. of Sound and Vibration, 298 (3) (2006), pp. 688-703. IF 2006 0.887.
- Stein, G. J.: On calibration uncertainty estimation in ratio-metric measurements. Measurement Science Review, 5 (1) (2005), pp. 31-34.
- Stein, G. J. – Múčka, P.: Theoretical investigation of a linear planar model of a passenger car with seated people. Proc. of the Institution of Mech. Engineers, Part D – J. of Automobile Engineering, 217 (2003), pp. 257-268. IF 2006 – 0.254.
- Stein, G. J.: New results on an electro-pneumatic active seat suspension system. Proc. of the Institution of Mech. Engineers, Part D – J. of Automobile Engineering, 214 (2000), pp. 533 - 544. IF 2006 – 0.254.
- Stein, G. J.: A driver’s seat with active suspension of electro pneumatic type. Transactions of the ASME, J. of Vibration and Acoustics, 119 (1997), pp. 230-235. IF 2006 – 0.565.
- Stein, G. J.: Results of investigation of an electro-pneumatic vibration isolating system. Proc. of the Institution of Mech. Engineers, Part D – J. of Automobile Engineering, 209 (1995), pp. 227-234. IF 2006 0.254.
- Stein, G. J. – Ballo, I.: Active vibration control system for the driver’s seat for off-road vehicles. Vehicle System Dynamics, 20 (1991), pp. 57-78. IF – 0.302.